Sunday Beauty Routine
When your business and social calendars are booked solid, taking time out for yourself can sometimes fall by the wayside. After years of running and ripping taking care of "business", I realized that I had negated time to take care of myself. And my skin, body and mind were each paying for it. Therefore, I began implementing small routines.
My Sunday beauty routine has become one of my favorites. Waking up early on a Sunday morning may not be everyone's idea of a good time. But for me, the excitement of pampering myself is rejuvenating.
1) First things first, I start each day with a tall glass of water. Hydration is crucial for our bodies to perform at their maximum potential. Realistically drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces, per day is recommended.
3) Bring a large pot to a boil then let cool for 5 mins(if its too hot you may burn your face). I put the pot on a sturdy table, grab a towel and pull up a chair. Draping the towel over my head, I place my face over the pot, steaming for 10 mins. This is a great time for meditation or listening to music.
4) Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
5) After patting my face free of excess water, with a clean towel. Apply Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. Allow mask to dry completely and rinse off with warm water.
5) As previously stated, hydration is key in any beauty routine. I complete the routine by applying a generous amount of Clinique's Moisture Surge focusing on all dry areas.
6) If there are no Sunday Funday plans, I do not apply any makeup this day as I want my skin to breathe.
I am sharing my routine. But am always inquisitive about new products. If you have a routine, share in the comments below. Happy Pampering!